This weekend, we all get the chance to celebrate one of the most important figures in of our lives — our mothers.
For all mothers do for us, it seems unfair to dedicate only a single day of the year to showing our appreciation. But Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to go that extra mile for your mom and let her know how much she means to you and how she has helped you become the person you are today, as well as an opportunity to celebrate all the mothers in your life, not just your own. To help mark the occasion, here are some a few words to describe the brilliance and strength it takes to be someone’s mother.
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “If I made a list of the people I admire, Mom would probably fill up half of it. She could do anything and everything.” – Patsy Cline
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” – George Eliot
- “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
- “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not.” – James Joyce
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don’t mean a thing.” – Toni Morrison
- “When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched.” – Barack Obama
- “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” – Jodi Picoult
- “My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.” – Mark Twain
- “If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.” – Booker T. Washington
- “All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” – George Washington
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” – Oprah Winfrey
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you… you certainly deserve it and more!